Do you choose a word of the year? In January I like to choose one word that will act as a guidepost for the type of year I hope to have. Last year my word of the year was Joy. Even though a pandemic hit the world, I made it my mission to spread joy with bold, bright colourful paintings. Choosing a word of the year helps to keep you focused on what is most important. Instead of making a huge list of goals this year…..choose a word that will guide you in your decisions for the year. My word this year is healing. As a lot of you know, I have been struggling with severe neck pain that has impacted my ability to work and function like I normally do. This year my mindset is all about healing for happiness. What is your word of the year? How will it guide you this year?
How to choose a word of the year:
- Take time to think about what you want to invite into your life this year. You can do this by sitting quietly without distractions, meditating or taking a walk in nature.
- Think about what is most important to you and what would make you happy. What do you want more of in your life?
- Writing in a journal can help focus your thoughts. Make a list of potential words. Which word feels right to you?
- Look online for lists of words of the year for inspiration.
- Painting or creating can also help to inspire you to come up with a word. Different colours that you are drawn to can guide you in choosing your word.
Don’t miss out on this course…..
Have you been wanting to get back to painting? Here is a testimonial from a person that has gone through this course….
Wendy’s Circle back to creativity has been so much fun to be a part of! It has gotten me back into enjoying playing with colour and shape; more in tune with the process instead of the product. I have really appreciated how positive Wendy is in her comments and seeing what other group members have posted helps me feel like I am taking the course with others, even though I am thousands of kilometers away! If you are looking for a relaxed and accessible art course, this is the one for you!
Circle Back to Creativity for Adults
Circle back to creativity is on an inspiring, online art class to help you get back into creating. It includes 8 art video lessons revolving around the simple shape of a circle. The circle symbolizes wholeness, unity and protection. Each week new videos will be available in the classroom and will include topics such as Circle of Calm, Botanicals, Mandalas and Dream Catchers. This is for all levels to help you circle back to creativity. You deserve to start your year with some fun!
Click here to register! 10% off discount has been extended until January 17th! Act now to start your creative journey