Hello everyone. With Valentine’s day coming up next week I like to think about the importance of loving yourself and accepting who you are as a person. In this painting I added a clay heart to the canvas. I rolled out the clay, added texture with a heart stamp and painted it with acrylics. Once it was dry, I added it to my background with Golden heavy gel gloss. So much fun to do!
The saying on this painting I created is ‘to love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance’ ~ Oscar Wilde. Here are some tips to help with this:
- Be kind to yourself-This is the #1 rule we have in my art classes- be kind to yourself and to others. Show yourself the same kindness and compassion that you would for a friend. Accept your mistakes and cut yourself some slack.
- Start your day with time to yourself. This is really difficult with a busy household. I have been trying to get up 15 minutes before the kids to do a bit of an online yoga class. Sometimes I only get 5 minutes of focusing on my breathing but even that seems to do wonders for how I approach my day.
- Spend a few moments before bed getting ready for the next day- I have been trying to do a few things to ease the pressure in the mornings to get out the door. I usually don’t have enough energy to do all of the lunches but at least I get the lunch bags out on the counter with a few items in them like the crackers or treats. I make sure I know where my work stuff is and I think about what I am going to wear.
- Be kind to your body– we all know exercise and eating well helps us to have more energy. I have started making a smoothie at night so it is ready in the fridge in the morning for a quick exit. Think of ways to fit in a bit of exercise in your busy day. Sometimes connecting with a friend is a great way to stay motivated.
- Make time to create or do something you love. I tend to combine this with the kids so we draw and create together. You don’t have to be doing the same projects, just being together and doing things you love is great.
Sorry the link to my last video didn’t work very well. Here it is the link: